Department of Radiation Oncology
A Place Of Help, Hope & Healing
Department of Radiation Oncology at Apex Hospital Cancer Institute, Varanasi, U.P. provides safe, effective and high quality precision radiation therapy with minimal dose to normal structures in shortest time by using Third Generation Technology.
Radiotherapy by: Triple Energy Linear Accelerator
- 3D Conformal Radiotherapy
- Image-Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (V-Mat)
High Dose Rate Multi-Channel Brachytherapy for internal organs
- Linear Accelerators (Elekta Synergy online verification of treatment as CBCT)
- Treatment Planning Systems (CMS Xio, MONACO, ONCENTRA)
- Remote After loading HDR Brachytherapy (Nucletron)
- Physics Equipment:
- Various types of ion chambers
- PTW RFA
- IMRT QA Software with film scanner
- PTW Octavios Phantom for IMRT and VMAT plan verification
Mould Room Equipments:
- All types of thermoplastic sheets & other immobilization devices.
- All types of base plates
CT Simulation with the online transfer of images to TPS, MONACO, MOSAIQ & ONCENTRA online record and verify system.
This innovative radiation therapy treatment system directly addresses the two most persistent and significant problems in modern radiation therapy: internal organ motion and errors in patient set-up. The result is unmatched clinical confidence that enable more aggressive treatment of tumors while minimizing damage to surrounding healthy tissue. Today, in routine clinical use at hundreds of centers around the world, Elekta Synergy provides clinicians with an unprecedented ability to accurately define and treat tumors.
Radiation Oncology Team
Dr. Ankita Patel, MBBS, MD(Radiation), ECMO, PGDMLS, PGDHIM
Dr Gaurav Goswami, MBBS, MD(Radiation)
Dr Neha Gupta, MBBS, MD(Radiation), ECMO
- Radiation Oncology:-
- Convention Radio Therapy
- VMAT HDR Brachy Therapy (ICRT)
- Cancer Screening, Prevention and Control Program
- Post-Surgery Radiation
Department of Medical Oncology
Medical Oncology is a modality of treatment in cancer care which uses Chemotherapy, Immunotherapy, Hormonal Therapy and Targeted Therapy to treat cancer in an effective manner. Chemotherapy is used for cure, palliation or symptom control. It can be used with other modality as surgery or radiation for best possible result.
Apex Hospital Cancer Institute’s medical oncology speciality team works towards preventing, diagnosing and treating cancer by offering the standard management protocols and customised multi-modality therapies under one roof.
We at Apex Hospital Cancer Institute’s medical oncology department were chemo-port or central-line or picc-line for administering chemotherapy as per patients’ requirements.
Diagnostic facility of bone marrow aspiration and biopsy to detect blood cancers is also available at our centre.
Along with all solid tumors we also manage blood cancers live leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma, and multi proliferative neoplasm. We have the facility for intrathecal chemotherapy along with neutropenia care.
Paediatric oncology is also will established and we are managing paediatric solid and haematology malignancy with chemotherapy and surgery.
all haematology diseases like iron deficiency amount thalassemia, haemophilia, aplastic anaemia are also being managed under one roof.
Chemotherapy is a drug treatment that uses powerful chemicals to kill fast-growing cells in your body.
Chemotherapy is most often used to treat cancer, since cancer cells grow and multiply much more quickly than most cells in the body.
Many different chemotherapy drugs are available. Chemotherapy drugs can be used alone or in combination to treat a wide variety of cancers.
Immunotherapy is a type of cancer treatment that helps your immune system fight cancer. The immune system helps your body fight infections and other diseases. It is made up of white blood cells and organs and tissues of the lymph system.
Immunotherapy is a type of biological therapy. Biological therapy is a type of treatment that uses substances made from living organisms to treat cancer. It is the latest armarium in fight against cancer
Targeted therapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses drugs or other substances to precisely identify and attack certain types of cancer cells. Targeted therapy can be used by itself or in combination with other treatments, such as traditional or standard chemotherapy, surgery, or radiation therapy.
Hormone therapy is a form of systemic therapy—a way of administering drugs so they travel throughout the body, rather than being delivered directly to the cancer—that works to add, block or remove hormones from the body to slow or stop the growth of cancer cells. At Apex Super Speciality Hospital & Cancer Institute’s, we use hormone therapy to fight various types of cancer.
Precision Medicine – As per disease and requirement required genetic test are dine for individualized treatment.
- Chemo Therapy
- Hormonal Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
- Post-Surgery chemo therapy
Department of Surgical Oncology
Surgery is the most important component in the treatment of solid organ cancers. Cure is not a realistic possibility without it. We, at the Department of Surgical Oncology at Apex Hospital Cancer Institute, Varanasi, U.P, aim to cure such cancers whenever possible, and when not possible, shall give palliative treatment, so as to improve the quality of their life.
In this era of organ conservation, the department of surgical oncology works closely with Medical and Radiological oncology for optimal outcome and international guidelines with regard to treatment of such cancers including preoperative Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy are utilized for the same. In early stages of various cancers, surgery alone suffices for cure. In more advanced stages, Chemotherapy (or) Radiotherapy may be required before or after surgery, to achieve optimal outcomes.
Surgical Oncology Team
Dr Anurag Dixit, MBBS, MS, FMAS
Dr Deepak Kumar Singh, MBBS, MS, MCh
Prof. (Dr) Anand Kumar, MBBS, MS
Dr. Akhil Sareen, MBBS, MS, FOHNS
Dr Swaroop Patel, MBBS, MS (Ortho)
Prof Dr L K Pandey, MBBS, MS, FICOG, FIC, MCh
Dr. PK Keshari, MBBS, MS, MCh
Medical Physicist & Radiation Technologist Team
- Dr. Upendra Kumar Giri (Chief Medical Physicist & RSO III)
- Mr. Arnab Mahaptra (Medical Physicist & RSO III)
- Mr. D. Raghuvardhan Reddy (Radiotherapy Technologist)
- Mr. Rajiv Kumar Singh (Radiotherapy Technologist)
- Mr. Sandeep Chaurasia (Radiotherapy Technologist)
- Ms. Farida (Radiotherapy Technologist)
- Ms. Kumari Priti (Radiotherapy Technologist)
- Mr. Prem Prakash(Radiotherapy Technologist)
- Dr. Abhishek Pandey (Radiation Technologist)
Cancer treatment doesn’t end with radiation or chemotherapy or surgery alone; the allied specialties including Physiotherapy, Dental, ENT, Pain services and Psychiatry are also involved in rehabilitation of such patients.
- Breast Surgery
- Breast Surgery with reconstruction
- Genito Urinary Cancer Surgery (Kidney, bladder, adrenal, & penile cancers)
- Head & Neck Cancer Surgery with Reconstruction (Mouth, throat, larynx, salivary gland & thyroid)
- Gynecological Cancer Surgery
- Gastro-Intestinal Cancers (Stomach, large bowel, small bowel, liver & pancreatic cancers)
- Chest Cancers (Oesophageal & lung cancers)
- Soft Tissue & Bone Sarcomas
- Skin Cancers
- Minimal access surgery as appropriate in various cancers
What our patients are saying
very day we strive harder to deliver a great patient experience which is not just the treatment but also your overall experience at any of our facilities.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT NOW!