At Apex Hospital, we take pride in our commitment to comprehensive and compassionate healthcare, and our Rheumatology Clinic is no exception. Dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of rheumatic diseases, our expert rheumatologists work tirelessly to provide personalized care that addresses the unique needs of each patient.
Rheumatology, as a specialized field within internal medicine and pediatrics, focuses on the intricate study and management of conditions related to joints, soft tissues, autoimmune diseases, and heritable connective tissue disorders. The expertise of a rheumatologist lies in the comprehensive diagnosis, treatment, and therapeutic interventions tailored specifically for rheumatic diseases.
Autoimmune conditions, a key area of concern for rheumatologists, arise when the body responds to an unknown trigger, diverting its defense mechanisms from fighting infections to erroneously attacking the body’s own tissues. This immune system misfire can manifest in various ways, such as the painful inflammation and swelling observed in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, where the joint linings become the unintended targets. Additionally, autoimmune diseases may prompt the immune system to assault the linings of the intestines, nerve cells, blood vessels, muscles in the limbs, skin cells, thyroid, and other vital systems within the body.
Rheumatic diseases, characterized by inflammation and auto-immunity, encompass a broad spectrum of more than 200 conditions that fall within the purview of rheumatology. At Apex Hospital, our highly skilled consultant is passionately committed to delivering exceptional care for a diverse range of musculoskeletal disorders and autoimmune conditions, collectively referred to as rheumatic diseases. These conditions often pose chronic challenges and have a significant impact on the quality of life for affected individuals.
Our dedication extends to providing compassionate and cutting-edge care to patients grappling with various immunologic and rheumatic diseases, including but not limited to arthritis, lupus, osteoporosis, vasculitis, bursitis, and fibromyalgia. The goal of our proficient and devoted medical team is to offer optimal clinical care for those experiencing stiff or swollen joints, limited mobility, and symptoms associated with conditions that can be intricate and challenging to diagnose. Recognizing the unique nature of each patient, our treatment approaches are individualized and rooted in thorough diagnostic evaluations, striving to bring about remission or relief tailored to their specific needs.
At the core of our Rheumatology Clinic is a patient-centric approach. We understand that rheumatic conditions can be complex, affecting various aspects of your life. Our team of experienced rheumatologists is here to guide you through the journey, from accurate diagnosis to tailored treatment plans and ongoing management.
Services We Offer:
- State-of-the-Art Diagnostics: Our Rheumatology Department is equipped with cutting-edge diagnostic tools to ensure accurate and timely identification of rheumatic conditions.
- Comprehensive Treatment: From rheumatoid arthritis to lupus and beyond, our expert rheumatologists offer a range of treatments, including medications, physical therapy, and lifestyle interventions.
- Patient Education: We believe in empowering our patients with knowledge. Our team provides comprehensive education about your condition, treatment options, and self-care strategies to promote long-term health.
- Multidisciplinary Collaboration: Our rheumatologists work closely with other specialists within Apex Hospital, ensuring a multidisciplinary approach to your care for enhanced effectiveness.
Conditions We Specialize In:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): An autoimmune disorder where the immune system mistakenly attacks the joints, causing inflammation, swelling, and potential joint damage.
- Osteoarthritis (OA): Characterized by the gradual breakdown of cartilage in the joints, leading to pain, stiffness, and reduced flexibility.
- Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus): An autoimmune condition that can affect various organs and systems, causing inflammation and a range of symptoms such as fatigue, joint pain, and skin rashes.
- Gout: A form of arthritis caused by the accumulation of uric acid crystals in the joints, resulting in sudden and intense pain.
- Spondyloarthropathies: A group of inflammatory diseases affecting the spine and joints, including conditions like ankylosing spondylitis and psoriatic arthritis.
- Vasculitis: Inflammation of blood vessels that can impact organs and tissues, leading to a range of symptoms depending on the affected areas.
- Sjögren’s Syndrome: An autoimmune disorder primarily affecting the glands that produce moisture, leading to dryness in the eyes and mouth
- Systemic Sclerosis (Scleroderma): Systemic Sclerosis, or Scleroderma, is a rare autoimmune disease characterized by abnormal collagen production, leading to skin thickening and hardening.
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA): Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA) is a chronic autoimmune condition causing joint inflammation in children.
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR): Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR) is an inflammatory disorder primarily affecting older adults, causing pain and stiffness in the shoulders, neck, and hips. It can lead to significant discomfort and reduced mobility.
Why Choose Apex Hospital Rheumatology Department:
- Expertise: Our team comprises experienced and board-certified rheumatologists dedicated to delivering the highest quality of care.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: We leverage advanced diagnostic and therapeutic technologies to stay at the forefront of rheumatological care.
- Patient-Focused Care: Your well-being is our priority. We strive to create a comfortable and supportive environment throughout your healthcare journey.
- Convenient Location: Located within Apex Hospital, our Rheumatology Department offers convenient access to a range of healthcare services under one roof.
Dr Naval Mendiratta
MBBS, MD (Medicine), Fellowship in Rheumatology (Singapore) Eular Fellowship